Live like a Local!(LLL Spring Love 2023)
February 8, 2023 - February 15, 2023
About this trip
Donna has always had a love of her native island, Jamaica. Unfortunately, she heard multiple stories of people wanting to visit but being apprehensive because of news of safety issues when people visit. She has decided that with the help of local friends, she would create a great experience for those wanting to visit and live like a local in a safe environment. She and her partners, have decided that when she comes home, she would bring friends with her for many adventures on the island. danger is everywhere, so we must follow the lead of those who live in the area.
She has decided to expand her wellness practice to Jamaica by traveling with friends to her homeland and supporting her friends there as well. You will be staying in the Phoenix Jamaica (also called PJA, Phoenix JA, and Phoenix Jamdown!) house with family and friends. We are always adding to the house and everyone gets to add some of themselves to the atmosphere of Phoenix JA. We are a laid back vibe with fun down to earth people. Once you hang with us, you become a part of our Phoenix tribe. We love meeting new friends!
Michelle, Donna, Norma, and a host of other Jamaican friends and family will provide an experience you will never forget! This is not a “touristy” adventure. But, it is not too gritty either! We get to experience Jamaica with a fun bunch of friends and bring back pictures and souvenirs.
If you would like to use the room alone without sharing with a partner (we have Queen beds only), you can have a single room but the room will cost you an additional amount. Rooms are based on two people in one bed. Please email us for additional cost.
We reserve the right to not have kids unless we are hosting a family. The reason for this is that a lot of adults want to escape the kids for couple time. To be fair to other people, we limit kids only to family events. Thanks for understanding.
Explore with YVP-TravelJamaica.com led by our dear friend Michelle Laporte
We are a little off the beaten path, in all the best ways. However, we will be enjoying several excursions around the island in our own private bus tours.
All deposits are non-refundable. Please get travel insurance for unforeseen needs.
- Food – Food will be provided for Breakfast and Dinner
- Liquor – We will be shopping for our “family bar” at the local stores
- Smoke – For those who partake, plant medicine will be provided from local growers
- Lodging – We all stay in the family home
- Transportation – Round trip airport transfers as well as touring around the island.
What’s not included
- Air fare – You must pay for your own airfare
- Tips – From airport porters to drivers, everyone would appreciate a tip for a good well done!
- Lunch – We eat as we travel on the road from vendors along the way
- Escursions – When opportunity to explore comes up, prices change depending on the activity. You can opt out and get dropped off at the beach instead!
- Travel insurance – Please purchase travel insurance separately just in case something funky happens in your life.